November 13, 2010

Reaching Out

Well I'd have to say it's been awhile since I have been on here.
I guess life catches up with you and there are plenty of distractions.

One new obstacle that have happen in my life are meeting up with my mom's sister who I haven't seen since I was 5 years old. Since, I was little I have had lack of communication with my mom's side of the family. This is mainly because my mom cut all ties off with them. 

Well recently, my aunt purchased a condo down here, about a hour away. She sent me a message over Facebook (Oh, what would we do without FB) and asked if we could meet up.

I was nervous at first, and really didn't know if I wanted too. My mom, about a month ago, ended up at my Grandma's doorstep, in Wyoming, because she had no where to go. I knew my aunt had communication with my mom, and was skeptical whether or not my mom show up with her.

I tried to look at the bright side of things especially when a friend mentioned, well may be she is trying to reach out to you knowing that you don't have much family. After thinking about it (which I do all the time, THINK!), I said it's not going to hurt anything. But it didn't mean I wasn't still nervous.

So Kevin and I came up with a plan, in case, my mom was to show. Off to the car I would have go and Kevin covering the tab. 

It meant a lot to me that Kevin come along with me through this. He was there for support! 
I couldn't be more blessed.

Well the day came to meet up with aunt, and you know what, I am happy we did meet up! It was a pleasant time getting to know her and her husband, hearing about her kids (my cousins) and learning more about where they come from! 

My mom has yet to try to spend time with her family hence moving in with the neighbor guy (she hasn't changed one bit), but even though she wants no connection her immediate family, there is no reason my sister and I shouldn't!


No comments:

Post a Comment