December 1, 2010

'Tis the Season


Welcome to my Warm and Cozy Christmas Mantle.

I finally finished it, WOO!



 This year I decided to do something very simple and work with most Christmas items I had from the previous year.


 Here is a close up of my Christmas mantle.





For my mantle, I decided to go with a pine cone theme with wicker. With this, I wanted to have a splash of color hence the red decor. 

This year, I purchased the hurricane candle holders ($3.99 each for the smaller one and $4.99 for the larger one - Old Time Pottery) and filled them up with cinnamon scented pine cones (On Sale @ Joann Fabrics - 2 for $8.00). Boy, does this make the house smell wonderful - I highly recommend! I tied red ribbon around each hurricane to give it a splash of color. I was pleased on how they turned out, and inexpensive! For an idea, you could also fill them up with pretty much anything - candy, potpourri, marbles, rocks, etc. You get the idea. Anything that would make your decor for your mantle.

I also purchased the wicker reindeer named Sparky. He is considered my mini sparky. Kevin's mom has a wicker reindeer out in front of her house each year, and it's name is sparky. I am still on a hunt for my own Sparky for our house this year. If you have any ideas, let me know!

Everything else was stuff I had previously, the small Santa Claus, the garland, tea light holder in the far right corner, the Merry Christmas sign, and the red and green tea light holders for another splash of color. I love having the challenge of trying to place things together. 

Now with the vaulted ceiling in the house I had to add a 36 inch wreath that I purchased from Old Time Pottery for ONLY $4.99 - now that a bargain! I wanted to give it some color so I purchased a strand of 50 lights and wrapped it around the wreath with an added red bow to top it off - a bow I also had previously. Last year I used it to top my old apartment tree.

Down below the mantle, I added some faux poinsettias (real ones would poison my kitties) - 2 for $10 at Joann Fabrics and a wooden snowman advent calender for Christmas - $19.99 at Joann Fabrics as well.


Overall, I think my mantle turned out to give the room a warm and cozy feeling, especially when everything is lit up in the main room!

Here is my overall project.


I am still debating on the tree topper. I think a red ribbon on top would be a better topper than what is up there now. 

What do you think?



Well I hope you enjoyed my Christmas decorations! I can't wait to see everyone else's!

For more Christmas mantles, click on the link below. ENJOY!
The Lettered Cottage



I love this time of year!
Now if only a miracle could happen, and there be snow in Florida!


Only 25 more days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment